Certified Personal trainer Exam Sample Questions
47. Those who progress to higher functional capacities and higher-level workouts may find talk-test technique somewhat conservative, especially at intensities greater than ____ of functional capacity.
Reason: Symptoms need medical attention 80% of functional test techniques.
48. During summer one can modify criteria such as the mode, frequency, duration and intensity of exercise in order to suit the client’s level
a) of fitness, program goals, tools and schedule
b) of fitness, program effectiveness and schedule
c) of fitness, program goals and schedule
d) of fitness, program goals tools
Reason: Fitness, program goals and schedule for disease control and prevention
49. Building a foundation of endurance at a relatively low-to-moderate intensity prior to performing higher-intensity workouts or competition is clearly justified for
a) level of exercise
b) comfort and tidiness
c) safety and relax
d) comfort and safety
Reason: Building a foundation of endurance comfort and safety frequency, duration and intensity
50. Exercise intensity can be assessed by a
b) Graded exercise test
c) Level of exercise
Reason: Exercise of client and trainer graded exercise test relationship
51. One MET equals a person’s oxygen uptake at rest, which is equal to approximately
a) 1.5 ml/kg/min
b) 3 ml/kg/min
c) 3.5 mL/kg/min
d) 7 mL/kg/min
Reason: Important factors of 3.5 mL/kg/min in adherence and motivation
52. ml/kg/min is the unit of
d) blood pressure
Reason: Rating of perceived exertion MET at ml/kg/min
53. The environmental factor effects the _____________________
Reason: MET effects the Environmental factors very much.
54. Wind, hills , heat, humidity, altitude, air pollution and a variety of mechanical factors have influence on
a) The “talk test” method
c) Heart Rate
d) Rating of perceived exertion
Reason: MET’s has mechanical factors have influence on wind, hills and air pollution.
55. Which of the following methods are more accurate and easier to determine effective aerobic exercise?
a) heart rate and perceived exertion
b) nerves system and cardiovascular
c) heart rate only
d) perceived exertion only
Reason: Heart rate and perceived exertion are more accurate and easier to establish effective exercise.
56. Research by Lee in (2003) has demonstrated that the relative intensity of physical activity is a better predicator of health outcomes than
a) recommending that someone exercise at an minimum intensity
b) recommending that someone exercise at an minimum duration
c) recommending that someone exercise at an absolute intensity
d) recommending that someone exercise at an absolute frequency
Reason: symptoms in the early period recommending that someone exercise at an absolute intensity of the training program
57. All cardiorespiratory exercise programs must be supported by flexibility, strength and even neuromuscular fitness exercise to enhance the efficiency of ________ exercise and minimize musculoskeletal injury.
Reason: Aerobic exercise Symptoms in the early period of the training program
58. Although some of the supportive exercise, such as stretching, can be part of the warm-up and/or cool-down, it is prudent to add several separate sessions per week that improve the strength of the
a) back, legs & head
b) abdomen, muscles & knee
c) hands, head & lungs
d) back, legs and abdomen
Reason: Important factors in back, legs and abdomen adherence and motivation
59. Which exercises are fundamental to a successful cardiorespiratory fitness program?
c) weight lifting
Reason: Important factors stretching in adherence and motivation
60. The goals of cardiorespiratory exercise must be clearly stated in the written exercise plan
a) to reinforce compliance and motivation and for assessment during follow up
b) to reinforce compliance and for assessment during follow up
c) to reinforce compliance and motivation during follow up
Reason: Symptoms in the early period of the training program to reinforce compliance and motivation and for assessment during follow up.
61. ACSM recommends ____ kcal energy expenditure in physical activity or exercise per day.
Reason: Symptoms in the early ACSM recommends 150kcal period of the training program
62. Energy expenditure may be underestimated or overestimated if the intensity at which the person exercises
a) remain same
c) with in normal range
Reason: Different symptoms varies in the early period of the training program
63. There must be sufficient flexibility in the rate of progression so that the plan comfortably adjusts
a) to the client’s cardio and respiratory response.
b) to the client’s respiratory and skeletal response.
c) to the client’s cardiorespiratory and musculoskeletal response.
d) to the client’s cardio and muscular response.
Reason: In 2001 by centers for disease control and prevention to the client’s cardiorespiratory and musculoskeletal response
64. The following are the factors which affects the rate of __________.
III. Health status IV. Cardiorespiratory response to exercise
V. individual preferences and goals VI social and family support
VII. Level of exercise initiative and motivation VIII. Assess to appropriate facilities and equipment
Reason: Progression it is the main thing to be considered during exercise.
65. The initial conditioning stage, the improvement conditioning stage and the maintenance conditioning stage are the three stages defined by
Reason: because energy expenditure may be underestimated or overestimated if the intensity at which the person exercises
- Unless muscular endurance and high tolerance levels of is a goal, fatigue in 30 to 90 seconds is recommended one of the following?
Exp: lactate acid is recommended in this process.
2. Maintenance is a positive state of training, wherein you keep your clients’ fitness at their ________ level.
Exp: the complete rebuilding of the ATP-CP energy system, which is depleted predominantly through of maximal effort, takes about three to five minutes.
- It has been keenly observed by the scientists in our daily life routines that every movement we make involves __________
A. Our muscular system
B. Our blood system
C. Our bone structure
D. Our nerves system
Reason: Our muscular system observed by scientists in our daily life.
- A natural phenomenon is that the muscles are unique in their ability to relax, contract and produce ___________
Reason: A natural phenomenon force is produced by the muscles
- If you start a regular physical activity program, surely with appropriate exercise muscles become _______________
a) larger and fat
b) larger and stronger
c) stronger and fat
d) loose and fat
Reason: Regular physical Exercise makes the muscles larger and stronger
- If you quit the physical activity session you will see that without appropriate exercise muscles become _______________
a) stronger and larger
b) larger and loose
c) smaller and weaker
d) smaller and stronger
Reason: Physical Muscles activity become smaller and weak without exercise
- It has been a natural phenomenon that a regular strength training increases muscle_______________
a) fiber size
b) fiber length
c) fiber strength
d) fiber force
Reason: Physical muscles size of fibers are increased by regular exercise
- A man’s physical capacity may be loosely defined as one’s ability to perform _______________
a) exercise or rest
b) rest or work
c) work or exercise
d) work or sleep
Reason: Man’s physical capacity work or exercise loosely ability to perform
- You can observe that strength training increases the_______________ and _______________ of our muscle fibers.
a) strength and length
b) size and strength
c) length and height
d) size and length
Reason: Muscles fibers are increased and strengthened by regular exercise
- Naturally it has been exercised that our skeletal _______________ have a lot to do with our overall physique.
d) a & c
Reason: Naturally skeletal muscles with overall physique.
- While we sleep, our skeletal muscles are responsible for more than__________of our calorie use.
Reason: Metabolic function of human skeletal more than 25%
- It has been observed that when the muscular force is equal to the resistive force, there is _______________
b) no movement
d) no rest
Reason: Both forces nullify no movement each other
- Mostly the muscles that are principally responsible for a given joint movement are called_______________
a) mover muscles
b) prime muscles
c) prime mover muscles
Reason: Prime principle for mover muscles are responsible.
- It has been seen naturally that the muscles are composed of _______primary fiber types.
Reason: There are two primary fiber types of muscles
- DOMS is usually experienced ________ to ______ hours following a demanding strength –training session.
Reason: DOMS is more lasting form of 24, 48 muscle discomfort